Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 are some of the most discussed issues. That’s because this event had a big repercussion in our lives. Everybody is facing difficult and overwhelming times. it’s a season we all have uncertain feelings, where we are afraid about our health, our job status, the pandemic final results and others. All these recommendations will help you in a healthy way, to the people you love. The purpose of this post is to encourage the resilience.
Symptoms of stress caused by COVID 19
Next we will see any of the most common stress symptoms experienced during the COVID distancing time:
- Anger, frustration, sadness, fear, worry or numbness sensation.
- Imbalance in appetite, energy, desires and interests.
- Constant difficulty in concentration and focusing in every daily decisions.
- Troubles in good quality sleeping and frequently nightmares.
- Various physical reactions as headaches, stomach issues, body pain and other ones.
- Increasing of chronic mental and health problems.
- Abuse of substances like alcohol, drugs (heroin, cocaine, metanphetamines) and prescription drugs.
So, here are some tips to cope with the circumstances and ease the suffering.
Manage your feelings
The uncertainty of the situation can cause anxiety even in people who aren’t prone to it.
Find a safe and controlled way to acknowledge and express your difficult emotions. For example, you can write them, talk to a friend or practise yoga or meditation. If your symptoms are severe, contact a mental health professional.
It is not realistic to think you can do it all. The drawbacks of perfectionism are well known. Instead, try prioritizing one or two things, and let the others slide a little. Take time out for self-care. Also, remind yourself not to worry if you let work projects slide a little. You’ll get to it all when you can. Focus on your high priority items!
Make the best of the situation
Here you need to distinguish between things you can control and things you cannot. In particular, you are totally in control of your response to the situation. Accepting the uncertainties of the future, while at the same time identifying areas in your life you can control is a good place to start.
Keep your routines
Catching up on sleep is great. But it would be better not to sleep until noon every day. Keep your schedules and routines much as they were before. Of course with modifications to suit your new routine. Have set times to work, set times for meals, activities and a relatively regular bedtime.
Rest from news and social media
It’s necessary to have information about pandemics but sometimes it can be very upsetting. The constant information get us too stressed. You can disconnect form smartphones, TV, computer and take some rest for clean your mind. It’s very common have the feeling of losing control and not to now what to do. this feels reflected in the highten of our fears about desease and negative consequences. Try to inform about other kind of news, too.
Follow good habits for your body and health
These tips will keep your body and health in good condition:
- First of all get vaccinated from COVID 19. Stay updated with all your vaccines.
- Take care of your nutrition habits. make your diet with vegetables, protein, grains, low-fat milk and other sustaining products. Also reduce saturated fat, cholesterol, added sugar and salt.
- Check your sleeping habits. Go to bed and get up at the same time each day. You will rest too much better.
- Practice more physical activity every day. Try to make exercise 150 minutes per week. You can divide it by 20 or 30 minutes a day.
- Improve your breathing rhythm. Stretch and meditate, too.
- Reduce alcohol intake. Do not exceed more than 1 or 2 drinks the day you do it.
- Avoid smoking and the consumption of other tobacco products.
Take care of your mental health
This advices will help you to manage your mind and avoid stress triggers.
- Regulate your daily routine. This includes everything, your sleeping times, meals, bathing, working schedule, study calendar, exercise routine and others. Separate your hobbies times too. All this discipline will give you more freshness.
- Try to get busy. The distractions are good company for avoid the anxiety, depression and stress feelings. Use your time with hobbies like reading, writing, playing games, making exercise, cooking or built a craft. It’s a good moment to start your personal projects.
Say goodbye to stress with a relax massage
This therapy revitalizes, oxygenates and brightens your skin. The main reason is because of the activation of your circulatory system and the elimination of toxins. All this helps to reaffirm the tissues, so that your skin will look smoother and healthier. This type of therapy is ideal for people who suffer from nervous problems such as stress, anxiety or insomnia. The relaxing effects of this treatment are amazing. Our gift to you, Peace of mind.
So, why wait? Come to the city of Chicago and try a relax massage chicago! Or you can opt for a Chicago Il hot stone massage. We assure you is the best massage spa in Chicago. And don’t forget to follow the CDC indications to keep yourself and others safe. We hope our tips on Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 can help you!