Hand Massage Step by Step
Physical contact is a human need, and more in older adults and kids. From birth to death we need caresses, hugs, and physical contact to maintain a good state of emotion. And also physical well-being. That is why hand massage is so important. Or rather, the effects produced by this massage go beyond relaxing the mind and body. Massage can lead to:
- Stimulation of the immune system.
- Decrease in heart rate.
- Decrease in blood pressure.
- Increased joint flexibility.
- Improved circulation.
- Sense of well-being and decreased anxiety.
- Increased psychosocial well-being and self-esteem.
- Decreased feelings of isolation and helplessness, among others.