Do Massages Really Improve Our Health Or it Just Feels Good?
Massages are often associated with feeling good, having an improved mood and relaxing, but little is said about how massages really improve our health. Continue reading this post to learn about the benefits of a good massage in your life.
Why do massages feel good?
Massage allows you to immerse yourself in a unique and tranquil environment while clearing your mind and thoughts. In addition to providing a calming sense to your nervous system, therapeutic massage helps relieve anxiety and reduces stress-related symptoms.
Specifically, these are some of the benefits massages has for your emotions:
- Decreases feelings of anger.
- Reduces insomnia by improving sleep patterns.
- Relieves mental stress levels, because the nervous system calms down, producing an effect of focus and balance.
- Releases repressed emotions.
- Provides a relaxing and comforting mental health alternative.
- Improves mood.
- Generates confidence and a sense of well-being.
- Relieves emotional trauma through relaxation.
- Promotes feelings of emotional well-being.
- Increases awareness of the mind-body connection.
- Improves self-image and self-esteem.
- Satisfies the need for contact.
- Reduces feelings of isolation.
- Relieves symptoms of premenstrual syndrom
Do Massages Really Improve Our Health?
Massage is generally considered part of integrative medicine. They are increasingly offered alongside standard treatment for various medical conditions and situations.
Benefits of massage may include:
- Reduced stress and increased relaxation.
- Reduction of pain, inflammation and tension in muscles.
- Improved circulation, energy and alertness.
- Decrease in heart rate and blood pressure
- Improved immune function.
Although more research is needed to confirm the benefits of massage, some studies have shown that massage may also be helpful in cases of:
- Digestive disorders
- Stress-related insomnia
- Low back pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
- Neck and upper back pain
Beyond its benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often produces feelings of care, comfort, and connection.
Despite the benefits, massage is not a substitute for regular medical care. Tell your doctor that you are trying massage, and be sure to follow the standard treatment plan you have.
Book your appointment now and enjoy the best relaxation techniques at AOL Massage!
Stress relief is a key component for anyone trying to achieve a healthier lifestyle. At AOL Massage Spa in Chicago, we want you to look and feel your best. Therefore, you can depend on us to reduce stress and tension. It’s important to relax your nerves in order to balance your body and mind. Consequently, massages facilitate circulation which can increase your energy and improve your productivity.
Our space is designed to put your comfort and well being first. Enjoy the highest level of service in a tranquil environment. As a result, you’ll feel renewed and revitalized after a visit to our massage center in Chicago. Furthermore, therapists at AOL Massage have 15 years of experience. Our relax massage chicago treatments are designed to provide deep relaxation. In addition to the physical benefits, there are numerous positive effects massage therapy has on mental and emotional health. For this reason, we’re committed to providing a positive and beneficial experience.