3 Deep Breathing Exercises for Stress Relief
Who hasn’t felt stressed? Our bodies are designed to feel stress and react to it, but it can be really annoying when stress insists on staying. There are many ways to get out of that state of mind and achieve stress relief! You can try going to the gym, attending to a yoga class, cooking and even enjoying an anti-stress massage. But the easiest way is to simply breathe. There are many techniques and you can choose the one that suits you.
Here you can learn some simple breathing exercises for stress relief!
Box Breathing Or A Quick Stress Relief
Stress relief is so easy to obtain if you try this technique for when you can’t sleep or are very angry and/or anxious.
How To Do It?
- Inhale and hold for four seconds.
- Exhale and wait for four seconds.
- Repeat until you have reached peace.
Try tracing your finger in a square pattern while breathing. You can also close your eyes and imagine yourself around your square. Trying both will make you feel completely relaxed, with no worries at all.
Body Scan Relaxation Is Another Way To Let Go
This is your go-to for a complete stress relief! You can try this technique after stressful events.
How to do it?
- You have to tense every muscle group from head to toes, one by one, for 3-4 seconds.
- Inhale through the nose while flexing.
- When releasing, exhale more slowly through the mouth for 5-6 seconds.
Don’t forget the face and fingers!
Try The Nostril Breathing Exercise
It is a good exercise to start your day or when you really need to focus.
How to do it?
- Sit up straight in a chair, or in a meditation posture.
- Close off one nostril with your thumb and inhale slowly.
- Switch thumbs and nostrils and exhale slowly.
- Repeat for a few cycles, then switch which nostril inhales and which one exhales.
- Repeat for the same number of cycles.